- Be less impressed with accomplishments and be more involved in achieving
- Life is not easy, it's not fair and never will be, don't be entitled, don't be a victim
- Happiness is different than Joy, Joy is constantly happening in the moment and process
- McCon measures success in fatherhood, being a good husband, health, career and friendships
- Who you are not is as important as who you are, strip away the excess
- Turn the page, own up to mistakes, let go of guilt and regret
- Good luck and just keep living
McConaughey spoke much more in depth with examples and stories from his life and career. From the skeezy guy who likes high school girls in Dazed and Confused to a dragon slaying crazyman in Reign of Fire to an award winning actor for playing an AIDs patient, the actor shows us that the only limits are the ones we impose on ourselves. Read his speech in it's entirety over at TIME.