Monday, May 12, 2014
Workout of the Day: Time Me
After a warm up of jumping jacks, mountain climbers, shoulder rolls, etc I started my 6 exercise circuit that I would continue for 20 minutes.
1) Goblet Squat - Holding a 40lb dumbbell at my chest
2) Chins - Switching grips each time to work more of my back, biceps, forearms, etc
3) Push Ups - Switching hand grips each time, narrow, regular, wide, hands out, in, etc
4) Jump Lunge - Get into a lunge position then jump up and switch lead legs and lower into a lunge
5) Straight Bar Curls - Doing Larry Scott style "burns" after designated reps
6) Dips - Elbows in close, slowly lowering and pushing up
To keep me going, I only did 5-7 reps per exercise, 20 for push ups and in the end completed 6 full rounds and was dying. My legs started to get sore from the Jump Lunges later that night. After the 20 minute blast, it was time for some abs, twists and calf raises followed by some time on the bike and a few hundred jumps with the rope.
It's a new day, a new hour, a new beginning so get swole!
If this doesn't get you jacked and ready to go every time, I don't know what will: